Tuesday, November 11, 2008

HUG A VET DAY

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!
TELL ME A STORY OF A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE HAD WITH A VETERAN.

I have known many veterans. I would just like to start this out by saying....

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

I can not begin to say how much the sacrifice and love for country means to me.
Anytime I see a soldier or veteran in uniform I tell them Thank you for serving our country.
These men basically give up their lives to make ours carefree.
We have many men right now serving to protect our freedom. Family must move, children start new schools and adapt.
My friend Robin, a military wife is one of these special people. Her husband Michael who is out there protecting us and daughter Gabby have up and moved many a time. Robin was even a trailer house princess. She always seems to make the best out of every situation she is placed in.
They seem to take it all in stride, but I know it is tough.
For one thing, I myself HATE to move....all the packing, getting adjusted to a new place. Finding a new home....the list goes on and on.
So to Michael, Robin and Gabby I say Thank you very much.
So on this veterans day let us remember that it is not just a day we get off from work....and find a vet and tell them you appreciate their service to our country.
God Bless America and God Bless our soldiers.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Very nice Barb...made me teary eye'd. You're right...it isn't just a day we get off work. Keep thanking those Vets, it means a lot to them...I know anytime anyone ever thanks Michael in person it is hard to not get choked up. They do their jobs because they love their country and they don't need any thanks but when someone does thank them it touches them deeply. xoxo

Paula said...

Amen! Thanks to Michael and family and all men and women who are serving and have served our great country.

Missie said...

Nice entry!

Linda :) said...

Thanks to my Dad who was in the Navy....

In Memory of Tiny

In Memory of Tiny

Followers

About Me

My photo
Just a place to write down my thoughts. Comments are welcome.