Monday, November 3, 2008

Big Fat Hairy Spider

The big fat hairy spider
Climbed up on my leg
He sunk his teeth into me
And swelled up my foot and leg

I went to the doctor
Who looked and said "OH MY"
We have to cut it off now
Right below the thigh.

I looked at him in horror
I screamed out loud "OH EEK!!!"
Isn't there something else we could do?
And he smiled and said "Let's see"

He gave me these green pills
They were hard to swallow
I will take them for 7 days.
The doctors orders I will follow.

I think I will be ok
I'll let you know tomorrow.
Right now I have to go lay down.
And green pills I have to swallow.

This is a true story....oh except for that part about having to cut off my leg.
My foot is so swollen that when I push on it with my finger a crater stays there forever. The doctor said it was a good thing I came in because a spider bite is nothing to mess around with.
I would show you a picture.....but I don't want to gross you out.

He also gave me an inhaler because I am coughing like the dickens.
Don't worry I will survive...

I would like to give a shout out to Linda....Thanks for the card.....how do you always know when I need a pick em up?
Love ya Barb

4 comments:

Paula said...

Was it Doctor Joyce? Oh no he's dead. isn't he? Seriously I hope your bite heals fast.

Unknown said...

Hope your well very soon

Ally Lifewithally said...

How awful to be bitten by a spider ~ I loved your poem ~ glad they didn't have to cut your leg off :o) ~ hope it gets better soon ~ Ally x

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

That's awful hope your leg gets better soon and glad you went to the doctor.
Take care, Chrissie

In Memory of Tiny

In Memory of Tiny

Followers

About Me

My photo
Just a place to write down my thoughts. Comments are welcome.